Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Steam Summer Sale 2012!

If you're like my friends who haven't fired up Steam for over a month (love that buddylist feature), Valve's infamous Summer Sale has been under way for about a week now. The format isn't quite as charming as last year's summer camp theme, but the hook this time is that a few times a day, we get to vote on what game (out of three) we want massively discounted next. Also, there are some achievements for doing things in Steam itself, but a scaled-back version of the multiple cheevos each day, last Summer.

Personally, I've been rather underwhelmed with the selection so far, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that of all the games that have been on sale this time around, I already own them. Oh, my first-world problems! What have I gotten thus far?
  1. Two DLC characters for Dungeon Defenders
  2. Trine 2
  3. Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars and With Fire & Sword DLC
  4. Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
  5. Take on Helicopters and the With Hinds DLC
 There's seventy-six items on my wishlist, so it's not like there's nothing I'm interested in. The one game I'm really hoping to see 75% off is Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Anywho, time to get in some Tribes: Ascend before bed. I never thought of myself as a Tribes-player, but it's grown on me rather quickly.

No comments: